PDN LIVE! September 2017

Rob Pincus, executive director at PDN, hosted another round of Ask Rob Anything on PDN LIVE. He answered a variety of personal defense and firearm questions submitted by members of the PDN community.

24 Responses to “PDN LIVE! September 2017”
  1. James D. Wilson

I have a CCW and a friend who is a felon. Where do my rights end and his restrictions begin? Is he allowed to be in the car with me while I carry? How about walk around with me?

2. Reply
  3. Rick

Should you have a weapon mounted lite or hand carried and what lumen strength? Can you show us how to hand carry and possibly shoot while caring a light?

4. Lester Bates

I just need some advice on the best CCW weapon around $250.00 and a good Holster for it. Thinking the Ruger LCP or a Taurus. Any suggestions?

5. Ricardo

I know the days of the wild West is long gone. But is it really necessary to have my concealed gun trigger altered for quick draw. I carry a Walter Ppl.

6. Ed

Can you give any advice to someone looking at doing some competitive shooting for fun like IDPA and tips & training for it?

7. Dion

I understand your stance about 1911s as a carry weapon and your stance on using them at your training. What about the old G.I. model1911s that were built with looser tolerances? How do those fare?

8. Jeff Milleman

people did not know that in Florida if the governor declares a emergence we have 48 hours we can carry without a ccw .

9. Louis

I teach concealed weapon classes but I open carry a lot for opportunities to teach and to inform. What is your personal view of that

10. Jerry

I just purchased a Taurus Judge 45colt/410 in 2.5 inch chamber with a 3″ barrel. I just liked the concept, but how practical is this for a home defense weapon? Too much penetration??

11. Clifford

Greetings! If you can ever give more notice, I will have a better chance of watching. I missed the first half and consider myself very lucky to be able to watch the second half. It is always more fun to watch the presentation live. Thanks ever so much and good evening from Clifford

12. Joel F

Many caliber options & recommendations abound for personal carry , probably induced by manufacturers and retailers. Do you have a suggestion for 1, most effective and controllable for ” recoil sensitive” people, and 2, for those who can handle recoil, and desire accuracy in a self defense weapon? There are a lot of advertised “best choices”, but has anyone done a comprehensive evaluation, outside the “manufacturer” realm?

13. Linda

How do you feel about the SCCY? With or without the safety? Did you answer the question about having a CCW and having a friend who is a felon?

14. Aubrey J Young

Enjoying the exchange of questions and your answers. Informative. You and the lady, be well. 🙂

15. donremington

What do you recommend for appendix carry, revolver, semi-auto, and who makes good holsters? Thanks.

16. Dion Freeman

You are not a proponent of using the 1911 in your classes, and i2 understand the reasoning. But has anyone ever shown up with a G.I.model 1911 with the looser tolerances? How would they fare in your training classes?