PDN LIVE! Staging Defensive Firearms in the Home

Rob Pincus answered questions related to staging defensive firearms in the home in this months PDN LIVE.

31 Responses to “PDN LIVE! Staging Defensive Firearms in the Home”
  1. Bill

What are your recommendations as far as safe home gun storage or safes are concerned?

2. Julie

I want to make sure my home is properly staged for self defense but I also have young children in the house. Are there any special precautions or steps I should take to keep them safe from both intruders and the things we have to protect them?

3. Mike

When is it okay to leave guns in the open like i see on social media? Some people look like they have recreated gun shop display walls in their homes!

4. Amos

A Mossberg Shockwave with #8 or 7.5 will be great for home defense. 12, 20, or .410 .

• Paul

Shotgun for home defense? Its going to blow right through hollow doors and sheetrock. Family members on the other side will be in the line of fire.

5. Paul

Lets address the 800 pound gorilla in the room. We all ask the impossible question ” how can I have quick safe access to my firearm in the event of an intruder and still keep my 4, 7, 11 and 14 year old from accessing the guns. Answer… you can’t. The guns are either restricted from the kids and safe or are accessible quickly in an emergency and not child safe. You can’t have it both ways.

6. Maggie

I’m privelaged to be a student of yours and as an instructor I’m faced with students who think a shotgun with bird Shot is good enough for Home Defense. When choosing a home defense firearm what is your preferred caliber and maker of ammunition?

7. Brett miller

I have a 2 year old baby girl what’s the best holster and position to be in. when in and out of car?

8. Greg

Is an AR-15 an acceptable home defense firearm for a veteran with the correct ammunition?

9. Joseph Petroshus

I am one of the winners of your last drawing.. I cant wait until i get my videos and membership … thanks

10. R SCOTT

New Premium plan sounds amazing. Nice meeting you and family at Bristlecone yesterday!

11. Maggie

If I’m traveling a lot and my temporary home changes quite a bit, what kind of staging and storing devices would you recommend for an ever changing home environment? #OnTour Thank you

12. R SCOTT

I like this direct method of discussion better than having a moderator (no offense to her).

13. Janet

As a single woman living alone. If I keep a Glock by my bedside, is that a safe and quick way for defense?

14. Craig

What’s your feeling about an AR15 Pistol in 300 BLK with subsonic 220 grain bullets for home defense?

15. Mimi

I am an extremely sound sleeper. My concern is my reaction should someone try to get into my condo. My gun is staged next to my bed and I have a system in place that would wake me. How do you suggest preparing myself since I am a deep sleeper?

16. Janet

Thank you for taking the time to provide great insight and information. Will this discussion be available to view again or share?

• Sam Kirchoff

Yes, it will be available on the PDN YouTube channel as early as tomorrow. The video itself is called, “PDN LIVE! Staging Defensive Firearms in the Home.” – Sam

17. James Headapohl

How do you keep the lasers and sites on all the time. do you change the batteries often?