Physics and Physiology are objective. The human body is built a certain way and does certain things. The way a gun operates, and the way bullets are engineered to perform, are relatively easy things to breakdown and understand. This Session explains why understand physics and physiology is important to your preparation for self-defense.
A comprehensive classroom presentation with a singular purpose, Counter Ambush Concepts: Physics & Physiology offers students a broad range of critical insights, all centered on a simple objective: Teaching you how to significantly affect an attacker’s ability to present a lethal threat to you or somebody you wish to defend in the most efficient way possible.
PDN Executive Director Rob Pincus leads this in-depth class. Rob applies an objective analysis of the Physics and Physiology of every aspect of defensive training and teaches you how those things relate specifically to the tools and techniques you choose to employ. Personal defense in an ambush situation involves complex action, but Rob teaches you how to avoid complicating your training, and how to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. Rob’s no-nonsense approach makes this information easy to understand, retain, and immediately apply to your training practices.
This Class provides you with easy-to-understand, fact-based, information on the use of defensive firearms, including defensive shot placement, firearm selection, calibers, and designs, as well as optimum defensive ammunition, and more. You’ll see why an understanding of Physics & Physiology is at the core of any good training model, and you’ll learn to integrate your knowledge into your selection of gear, the techniques you train, and your counter ambush mindset.
An Information-Packed Video Presentation
Counter Ambush Concepts: Physics & Physiology includes over 90 minutes of information-packed video instruction. The class is broken down into individual Sessions, each focused on a specific aspect of Counter Ambush preparation and training. You’ll receive a printable Class Supplement download, covering key terminology and other detailed information presented in the video. Plus, you’ll receive several bonus downloadable training exercises to help you solidify your understanding of the material presented through practical application of key concepts.
PDN Academy Certification
Your class includes automatic access to the PDN Academy Testing Center. There you can test your understanding of the material presented in this class via a series of questions derived from the class materials. Earn a passing score and you’ll immediately receive a personalized Certificate of Training recognizing your accomplishment. Full details are provided in your downloadable class materials provided when you purchase this class.
Understanding how your body and your defensive tools work, and how to integrate those things with your body’s natural reactions in an ambush situation, is fundamental to making the best plans, choosing the best gear & techniques and developing the best possible training and practice regimen.
- Q: How Do I Know What The Class Covers? A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I Have To Be A Member Of Personal Defense Network To Purchase A Class? A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on PDN Academy content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great defense videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How Do I Purchase a Class? A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: How Do I Access/View My Class? A: Once you’ve paid, you can access/view your Class by going to the MY ACCOUNT section of Personal Defense Network. The MY ACCOUNT link is in the upper right-hand area of the website. Within your MY ACCOUNT, a section labeled “My Classes” will appear, including a link to watch the video of your Class. You’ll also receive an email confirmation after your purchase, which will include a link to view your Class. You can access your Class as many times as you wish, and you’ll never lose access to your Account information. Just be sure to “Log In” for access to MY ACCOUNT.
- Q: Do I Have To Take The Class Right Away? A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is There A Limit On The Times I Can View My Class? A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Do I have to take the Certification test after I buy this class? A: No. The Certificate of Training is a completely optional benefit for you. The Class video instruction and bonus materials will give you all the content this class has to offer. Only take the Certification Test if you’d like to receive a printable Certificate of Training PDF for the class.
- Q: Can I View A Class On My Tablet Device Or Mobile Phone? A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on Personal Defense Network, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How Do I Get Access To The Bonus Materials For The Class? A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How Does The Class Q&A Resource Benefit Work? A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and PDN contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I Print Out Class Details? A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What Are PDF Downloads? A: These are simply documents, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are There Any System Requirements To View The Class Video Content? A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why Do You Need My Email? A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Log In to personaldefensenetwork.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from Personal Defense Network from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: Can I Get A Refund If I Don’t Like The Class? A: Because you’ll have full access to all the materials and content that is presented in the Class immediately, we can’t offer a refund after purchase. Please review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content.
- Q: How Do I Contact PDN Academy? A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Q&A Resource benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from a PDN Academy Instructor or contributor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free, at 1-855-231-0650. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
Class Supplement PDF ?
Class Exercises PDF ?
Skill Development Planner ?
Class Notes Page PDF ?
Certification Instructions PDF ?
Sample: Certificate of Training ?
Video: Meet Your Instructor ?