Canik USA was the official handgun sponsor of the 2022 PDN Training Tour. Canik has taken the community by storm with their very affordable and very reliable guns. With their METE series that debuted last year, the ergonomics took a huge leap forward.
All instructors on the 2022 PDN Training Tour brought one or more Canik pistols to their classes, and students were able to try them out. METEs were available as loaner guns if a student’s own handgun went down, and at the end of some classes, impromptu shooting competitions were held using the Canik pistols.
The results from the Tour’s handgun training classes were that the feedback on the Caniks was uniformly excellent, from instructors and students. In this video, we take a closer look at the Canik METE SFx.
CANIK METE SFx
PDN Training Tour Instructor Don Edwards of Greenline Tactical demonstrates the Canik USA METE SFx. It’s a polymer modern striker-fired pistol in 9mm with a standard magazine of 18 rounds and a +2 extender. It ships with two steel magazines.
Don’s training specialty is night fighting, and the METE SFx Don has is equipped with a tactical micro reflex sight called the Mecanik, also made by Canik. It has an auto-adjusting 3 MOA dot. It adjusts for the ambient lighting conditions.
METE SFx SPECS
From Canik’s site, the METE SFx’s features include:
– Holster Fit-and-Lock (HFL) k Retention Holster
– Easy In/Easy out push pins and modular disassembly
– Ergonomically redesigned beavertail
– Integrated flared mag-well
– Angled rear sight edge for emergency one-hand operation
– Co-Witness optics ready slide cut
– Optics-ready slide accept the the Trijicon RMRcc and Shield RMS/RMSc footprint micro optics
– Low profile ambidextrous slide stop release for easier engagement during competition
– Slide with an ultra-durable Tungsten-Grey Cerakote®-over-Nitride on the colored models
– Short reset Single-Action trigger design with nickel-coated action components
– 3-Dot white sights
– Aggressive front and rear slide serrations for positive-traction handling
– 1913 Picatinny under-barrel rail
– Loaded chamber indicator
– Side reversible magazine catch
– Alternate backstraps for a custom fit
– Comes with a hard case, two standard capacity magazines, magazine E-Z loader, Speed mag-well, extra back strap, two optics bases, reversible IWB/OWB holster, Canik punch and toolkit, cleaning kit, gun lock, and manual, as well as one 20-round and one 18-round magazine