Meet your instructor, PDN Executive Director and defensive firearm expert Rob Pincus. Understand how this class helps you anticipate the procedures and practices used by law enforcement to keep themselves and others safe in a variety of circumstances, and the steps lawfully armed citizens can take to avoid unintended escalation, and to ensure their interaction with law enforcement goes by the book.
One of the most important considerations for anyone who chooses to own a firearm for personal defense is knowing how to interact with law enforcement while in the presence of a lawfully owned gun.
Understanding how law enforcement may perceive the presence of a firearm, under a variety of everyday situations, is critical to ensuring the safety of both law enforcement and gun owners alike.
Your instructor is Rob Pincus. Rob draws on years of personal experience carrying a firearm for personal protection as well as being an active member of the law enforcement community.
This Class provides you with specific steps and information to make sure every day police interactions are as routine as possible. It addresses specific situations like approaching an officer with a question, being armed while in a vehicle, being interviewed as an eyewitness, or being visited by an officer in your home. It covers the most common methods of concealed and open carry, as well as off-body and staged firearms.
With this Class, you’ll understand the importance of knowing the laws of firearm ownership and use in order to ensure compliance where you plan to possess a gun. Plus, you will learn how your firearm is carried or staged affects the manner in which you interact with a law enforcement officer, and steps you can take to ensure the safety of all involved.
Use this class to get valuable insight into how law enforcement may perceive interactions with lawfully armed individuals and how to avoid unintended actions which can quickly and seriously escalate otherwise routine situations.
Plus, through situational role-playing, you’ll see detailed demonstrations of traffic stop scenarios, led by a law enforcement officer. Apply what you learn in this important class to your personal protection plan. Learn to anticipate interactions you may have with law enforcement while you’re armed and the steps you can take to ensure a safe and cooperative experience.
More Than a Video Presentation
In addition to detailed video instruction and demonstrations, this Class includes a series of printable worksheets, provided to reinforce the information presented in the video. Use each worksheet to evaluate how to put the lessons you’ve learned into practice as part of your personal defense plan.
You’ll also be provided with a handy reference checklist, to retain in your vehicle, as a reminder of the steps to follow in the event of a law enforcement interaction while you’re armed in your vehicle.
- Q: How Do I Know What The Class Covers?A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I Have To Be A Member Of Personal Defense Network To Purchase A Class?A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on PDN Academy content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great defense videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How Do I Purchase A Class?A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: How Do I Access/View My Class?A: Once you’ve paid, you can access/view your Class by going to the MY ACCOUNT section of Personal Defense Network. The MY ACCOUNT link is in the upper right-hand area of the website. Within your MY ACCOUNT, a section labeled “My Classes” will appear, including a link to watch the video of your Class. You’ll also receive an email confirmation after your purchase, which will include a link to view your Class. You can access your Class as many times as you wish, and you’ll never lose access to your Account information. Just be sure to “Log In” for access to MY ACCOUNT.
- Q: Do I Have To Take The Class Right Away?A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is There A Limit On The Times I Can View My Class?A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Can I View A Class On My Tablet Device Or Mobile Phone?A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on Personal Defense Network, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How Do I Get Access To The Bonus Materials For The Class?A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How Does The Class Q&A Resource Benefit Work?A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and PDN contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I Print Out Class Details?A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What Are PDF Downloads?A: These are simply documents, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are There Any System Requirements To View The Class Video Content?A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why Do You Need My Email?A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Log In to personaldefensenetwork.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from Personal Defense Network from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: Can I Get A Refund If I Don’t Like The Class?A: Because you’ll have full access to all the materials and content that is presented in the Class immediately, we can’t offer a refund after purchase. Please review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content.
- Q: How Do I Contact PDN Academy?A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Q&A Resource benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from a PDN Academy Instructor or contributor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free, at 1-855-231-0650. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
- Training Worksheets PDF?
- In-Vehicle Procedures Checklist?
- Class Notes Page PDF?
- Video: Extra Discussion?
- Video: Meet Your Instructor?