This class bundle includes over 3 hours of video instruction. In addition, you’ll get a tactical knife, which as a compact 3-inch blade folds into a 4-inch handle, making this a right-sized tactical knife that’s at home taking on tasks in the outdoors, on the jobsite, or in the office. This knife has a value of $40 when sold separately.
This “Safer, Faster Knife Defense” class delivers critical instruction, including training demonstrations and expert insight for anyone seeking to acquire the mental confidence and physical skills to use a knife for their own protection.
Whether used as a primary defensive tool or secondary “force multiplier,” knives offer unique advantages over other defensive tools, making this one-of-a-kind training well worth the commitment.
From knife selection and mental readiness to physical techniques and practice drills, Safer Faster Knife Defense is one of the most comprehensive presentations on the subject, taught by one of the foremost experts in the field, Alessandro Padovani. Alessandro is a multi-disciplined personal defense instructor, teaching both armed and unarmed defensive skills as the founder of Safer Faster Defense. A native of Italy, now living in California, Alessandro’s training is sought by private students and professionals worldwide.
Safer Faster Knife Defense teaches both mental preparedness and physical techniques, from mindset and managing fear, to knife grip, stance, carry methods, and targeted knife strikes for quickly ending a violent physical attack. Also included are techniques for non-violent posture when encountering a threat, and knife defense training drills for at-home practice alone or with a training partner.
Plus, three bonus videos provide a behind-the-scenes perspective on the value of knife defense as part of an overall personal defense training plan, as well as an insightful interview with class instructor Alessandro Padovani and an explanation of the defensive training knife used in the production of this class.
Kershaw RJ Tactical 3.0 Knife
The RJ Tactical 3.0 is a classic collaboration between custom knifemaker RJ Martin and Kershaw’s blade engineers. It offers tactical RJ style—versatile drop-point blade, top and bottom grind, and comfortably contoured handle.
The handle is durable glass-filled nylon with comfortable finger contours and a matte look. The handle also offers heavy back jimping for an extra-secure grip. The RJ Tactical 3.0 opens with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. A locking liner secures the blade open during use. It includes a reversible pocketclip for left- or right-handed carry in this good-looking tactical knife.
- Q: How Do I Know What The Class Covers? A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I Have To Be A Member Of Personal Defense Network To Purchase A Class? A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on PDN Academy content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great defense videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How do I purchase a Class? A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: Do I Have To Take The Class Right Away? A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is There A Limit On The Times I Can View My Class? A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Can I View A Class On My Tablet Device Or Mobile Phone? A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on Personal Defense Network, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How Do I Get Access To The Bonus Materials For The Class? A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How Does The Class Q&A Resource Benefit Work? A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and PDN contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I Print Out Class Details? A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What Are PDF Downloads? A: These are simply documents, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are There Any System Requirements To View The Class Video Content? A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why Do You Need My Email? A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Log In to personaldefensenetwork.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from Personal Defense Network from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: How Do I Contact PDN Academy? A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Q&A Resource benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from a PDN Academy Instructor or contributor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free, at 1-855-231-0650. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
PDF Supplement: Choosing a Defensive Knife ?
PDF Supplement: Training Partners Brief ?
PDF Supplement: The Law ?
PDF Supplement: Positive Emotional Triggers ?
PDF Supplement: Permission to do Harm ?
Video: Meet Your Instructor ?
Video: Instructor Insights ?
Video: Training Knife Demo ?