Peak Performance Coach Mike Gillette talks about how important extremity strength development is to improve all personal defense skills. While core strength development is often promoted, having strong fingers, hands, wrists and forearms is vital to us defensively in numerous ways, including being able to punch more effectively, hold weapons and tools more efficiently and not lose control of them, keep hold of a family member or control an attacker’s arm, and maintain a stable shooting platform.
See other videos in our Functional Fitness training module:
- Part 1. Introduction to Fit-Shot Concept
- Part 2. Kettlebell Workout for Defensive Fitness
- Part 3. Fundamental FitShot Exercise: Push-Up Technique
- Part 4. Advanced FitShot Exercise: Rifle Burpee
- Part 5. Closed Pinch Grip Training
- Part 6. Learn Extremity Anatomy for Self-Defense