Recent history has taught us tragic lessons about what to do, and what not to do, in the terror and chaos of an active shooter event. It was once believed that hiding and waiting for police to arrive was the best plan to avoid harm. That thinking has changed and a new approach has emerged.
This class, Active Shooter Response, provides a comprehensive, pro-active approach for those who find themselves in the midst of an active shooter crisis. This online class seeks to inform, enable and empower you with the knowledge and tactics you can apply to protect yourself and others, using any means available, to increase your odds of survival.
Your instructor is PDN Executive Director Rob Pincus, along with contributions from Kelly Muir, Founder of “Be the Wrong Woman”, Caleb Causey, owner and Director of Training for Lone Star Medics, and others. Rob applies his experience in law enforcement and personal defense instruction, along with insights gained through research and observation of the events that unfolded in the world’s most infamous spree killing events, to assemble this information-packed class presentation.
Useful for viewers of all experience levels and abilities, Rob provides armed and unarmed concepts and techniques anyone can apply, using a combination of presentations and demonstrations to inform and instruct students on the actions they can take in any active shooter setting.
By planning ahead for the possibility of a spree killing, students learn to overcome the shock of a violent encounter faster and to safely react as the situation dictates. You will explore the concepts of evasion and barricade in order to avoid contact with the threat.
Plus, you will learn defensive strategies, tactics, and training concepts to prepare yourself to react with force to stop a spree killer by any means possible.
More Than a Video Presentation
In addition to the information and demonstrations provided by the video presentation, this class includes, “Guide To Active Shooter Response Planning”, a printable download authored by PDN Contributor Aaron Janneti, as well as an “Improvised Defensive Tools” worksheet and an “Active Shooter Response Plan” reference sign, prepared by Rob Pincus.
These information-packed downloads are accessible along with your videos when you purchase this class, to further support your ongoing Active Shooter Response training.
- Q: How Do I Know What The Class Covers? A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I Have To Be A Member Of Personal Defense Network To Purchase A Class? A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on PDN Academy content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great defense videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How Do I Purchase A Class? A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: Do I Have To Take The Class Right Away? A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is There A Limit On The Times I Can View My Class? A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Can I View A Class On My Tablet Device Or Mobile Phone? A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on Personal Defense Network, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How Do I Get Access To The Bonus Materials For The Class? A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How Does The Class Q&A Resource Benefit Work? A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and PDN contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I Print Out Class Details? A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What Are PDF Downloads? A: These are simply documents, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are There Any System Requirements To View The Class Video Content? A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why Do You Need My Email? A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Log In to personaldefensenetwork.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from Personal Defense Network from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: Can I Get A Refund If I Don’t Like The Class? A: Because you’ll have full access to all the materials and content that is presented in the Class immediately, we can’t offer a refund after purchase. Please review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content.
- Q: How Do I Contact PDN Academy? A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Q&A Resource benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from a PDN Academy Instructor or contributor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free, at 1-855-231-0650. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
Class Supplement PDF ?
Class Worksheet PDF ?
Response Reminder PDF ?
Bonus Video: Behind the Scenes with Rob Pincus ?
Bonus Video: Fight for Your Life ?