The hands and wrists are made up of very small bones and joints that are mobile and can be moved in many different ways. Peak-Performance Coach Mike Gillette advises that the first thing to understand is the range of motion the joints have, so you can maintain stability no matter how they move in a self defense situation. Mike also discusses grip strength and the different types of grips.
See other videos in our Functional Fitness training module:
- Part 1. Introduction to Fit-Shot Concept
- Part 2. Kettlebell Workout for Defensive Fitness
- Part 3. Fundamental FitShot Exercise: Push-Up Technique
- Part 4. Advanced FitShot Exercise: Rifle Burpee
- Part 5. Closed Pinch Grip Training
- Part 7. Importance of Extremity Strength Development