Unlike many traditional personal defense programs, anchored on concepts like situational awareness and pre-contact clues to help you anticipate an attack, Counter Ambush Concepts: Preparing Your Response is a highly progressive training class that helps you prepare yourself to respond to the attacks that you don’t see coming. This class teaches you to respond decisively amidst the surprise and chaos of a “Dynamic Critical Incident.”
The Counter Ambush Concept
This PDN Academy training class shows why many conventional training programs are dangerously misaligned with the concept of counter ambush defense training. The reality-based concepts presented in Counter Ambush Concepts: Preparing Your Response focuses on the concept of Readiness. It challenges you to train for the unexpected by developing skills that prepare you no matter the scenario. Your instructor for this class is PDN Executive Director Rob Pincus. Rob shows you a practical means of organizing and prioritizing your personal defense preparations, called the Skill Development Cycle. You’ll learn an innovative approach to managing your training resources called “front loading” your training in order to first develop the skills you need most, and make the most of your limited training resources. What you learn in this no-nonsense training program is the foundation of a personal defense training program that will prepare you to better tailor your techniques, your tactics, even your personal defense gear to defend yourself and those you care about.
More Than a Video Presentation
In addition to more than 125 minutes of video presentation, this class includes a 10-page printable download, detailing some of the key counter ambush concepts presented. And, to help you put these concepts into practice, you’ll receive two special bonus downloads. First is the Skill Development Planner (SDP). Use the SDP to organize your training efforts, track your progress and advance your counter ambush skills. And you’ll also receive, as a separate download, a series of 15 bonus training exercises. Each exercise is designed to help you think outside the box of traditional training models and immediately begin exploring the counter ambush concepts presented, and begin preparing your counter ambush response right away.
PDN Academy Certification
Become PDN Academy certified! Your class includes automatic access to the PDN Academy Testing Center. There you can test your understanding of the material presented in your class via a series of questions derived from the class materials. Earn a passing score and you’ll immediately receive a customized Certificate of Training recognizing your accomplishment. Full details are provided in your downloadable class materials provided when you purchase this class.
Managing your training program, focusing on the most important areas and getting the most out of every class or training session are vital. Without having a well-developed plan for responding during a worst-case-scenario, all of your best intentions and investments may be wasted or meaningless.
- Q: How Do I Know What The Class Covers? A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I Have To Be A Member Of Personal Defense Network To Purchase A Class? A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on PDN Academy content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great defense videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How Do I Purchase A Class? A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: How Do I Access/View My Class? A: Once you’ve paid, you can access/view your Class by going to the MY ACCOUNT section of Personal Defense Network. The MY ACCOUNT link is in the upper right-hand area of the website. Within your MY ACCOUNT, a section labeled “My Classes” will appear, including a link to watch the video of your Class. You’ll also receive an email confirmation after your purchase, which will include a link to view your Class. You can access your Class as many times as you wish, and you’ll never lose access to your Account information. Just be sure to “Log In” for access to MY ACCOUNT.
- Q: Do I Have To Take The Class Right Away? A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is There A Limit On The Times I Can View My Class? A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Do I have to take the Certification test after I buy this class? A: No. The Certificate of Training is a completely optional benefit for you. The Class video instruction and bonus materials will give you all the content this class has to offer. Only take the Certification Test if you’d like to receive a printable Certificate of Training PDF for the class.
- Q: Can I View A Class On My Tablet Device Or Mobile Phone? A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on Personal Defense Network, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How Do I Get Access To The Bonus Materials For The Class? A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How Does The Class Q&A Resource Benefit Work? A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and PDN contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I Print Out Class Details? A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What Are PDF Downloads? A: These are simply documents, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are There Any System Requirements To View The Class Video Content? A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why Do You Need My Email? A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Log In to personaldefensenetwork.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from Personal Defense Network from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: Can I Get A Refund If I Don’t Like The Class? A: Because you’ll have full access to all the materials and content that is presented in the Class immediately, we can’t offer a refund after purchase. Please review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content.
- Q: How Do I Contact PDN Academy? A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Q&A Resource benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from a PDN Academy Instructor or contributor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free, at 1-855-231-0650. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
Class Supplement PDF ?
Class Exercises PDF ?
Skill Development Planner ?
Training Log Template ?
Class Notes Page PDF ?
Certification Instructions PDF ?
Sample: Certificate of Training ?
Video: Meet Your Instructor ?