FitShot™ is a program designed to promote fitness in the shooting community. FitShot™ exercises are not meant to be “defensive shooting training.” In this video, FitShot presents how exercising with a push-up technique benefits defensive shooting training. The push-up can be done slowly or quickly, and with the feet or knees on the ground. After the push-up is completed, a shot is taken, then the process repeated. If doing this as part of a class, make sure all students execute the push-up from the same spot on the line so that no one ends up downrange during the shooting portion.
See other videos in our Functional Fitness training module:
- Part 1. Introduction to Fit-Shot Concept
- Part 2. Kettlebell Workout for Defensive Fitness
- Part 4. Advanced FitShot Exercise: Rifle Burpee
- Part 5. Closed Pinch Grip Training
- Part 6. Learn Extremity Anatomy for Self-Defense
- Part 7. Importance of Extremity Strength Development