Once you have decided to keep a firearm in your home for family defense, one of the first things to deal with is where to stage that firearm. The three main factors to consider for gun storage are the layout of your home, the likely movement of an attacker, and the likely places you will be. Rob Pincus walks through a house to illustrate how many options there are, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
See other videos in our Fundamentals of Armed Home Defense for Women training module:
- Part 1: Developing Intuition: Intuitive Decision Making
- Part 2: Home Defense: Planning for Expected Strangers
- Part 3: Deadbolts and Home Security
- Part 4: Handguns for Women: Self Defense Recommendations
- Part 6: Shooting in Defense of a Child: Protecting Children